Goddard & Gibbs (established 1868)

Decorative glass studio working in the production and restoration of traditional stained glass as well as contemporary architectural glass. The firm was initially established as Walter Gibbs & Sons on Blackfriars Road in London. The studio was taken over by James Clark & Sons, and in 1938 acquired Goddards Glass Works. The firm was subsequently taken over by James Clark & Eaton, and in 1978 the studio was bought by Charles Clark. Their chief designer after this was John Lawson (1932-2009), who had joined the firm in 1970 from Faithcraft. Other designers for the firm included A.E. Buss, George Cooper-Abbs and Caroline Swash.


Search for further information about Goddard & Gibbs on Google

Your search found 6 results.
  The Calling of St Matthew The Calling of St Matthew
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
designer: Maud Francis Eyston Sumner
about 1960
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Healing of Blind Bartimaeus The Healing of Blind Bartimaeus
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
designer: Maud Francis Eyston Sumner
about 1962
Christ Church, Prestatyn, Flintshire
south wall of the south aisle
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
artist: A. E. Buss
1962
Whitson Church, Whitson, Newport
south wall of the nave (baptistry)
  The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene The Risen Christ Appearing to St Mary Magdalene
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
1968
Church of St Mary and St Beuno, Whitford, Flintshire
north wall of the north aisle
  The Baptism of Christ The Baptism of Christ
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
1992
Church of St Teilo, Merthyr Mawr, Bridgend
south wall of the nave
  St Luke Instructing a Child St Luke Instructing a Child
firm/studio: Goddard & Gibbs
2002
Church of St Luke, Cwmdare, Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
north wall of the nave




Browse list of people in the database


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019