Carl J. Edwards (1914-1985)Stained glass designer. Carl Johannes Edwards joined Powell & Sons (Whitefriars) in 1928. He worked as an assistant to James Hogan, succeeding Hogan as chief designer in 1948. In the 1950s he established his own studio in London, moving to the Glass House in Fulham in 1972.
For more information about the artist and a list of his works, see Benyon Stained Glass website.
Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 46.
| The Sower |
artist: Carl J. Edwards
Church of St Gwendoline, Llyswen, Powys
north wall of the chancel
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2020 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2020