Michael O'Connor (1801-1867)Born in Dublin in 1801, O'Connor began his career there as an heraldic painter. He moved to London in 1823 and studied stained glass under Thomas Willement. He returned to Dublin and set up in practice, initially in Bristol from 1842, before moving to London in 1845. His son Arthur worked in partnership with him as Michael and Arthur O'Connor from around 1851, and predominantly from the late 1850s as Michael O'Connor's eyesight was failing. He died in 1867 and the business was carried on by Arthur (died 1873).
Biography from the Dictionary of Irish Architects
Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 92.
| The Crucifixion and Resurrection with the Four Evangelists |
firm/studio: Michael O'Connor
1850Church of St Eurgain and St Peter, Northop, Flintshire
east wall of the chancel
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021