T. F. Curtis (1845-1924)

Thomas Figgis Curtis took over the stained glass manufacturers Ward & Hughes in 1883 until his death in 1924. Curtis did some design work for the firm, although he used George Parlby as the firm's main designer. Parlby was also called upon to design for Cox & Son, a firm that was purchased by Curtis in 1893.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), pp. 36, 124.



Your search found 3 results.
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
designer: T. F. Curtis
1888
Church of St Mary, Ruabon, Wrexham
west end of the south aisle
  The Good Wife The Good Wife
firm/studio: T.F. Curtis, Ward & Hughes
designer: T. F. Curtis
1896
Church of St Margaret, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire
west end of the south aisle
  St Barnabas and St Paul St Barnabas and St Paul
firm/studio: T.F. Curtis, Ward & Hughes
designer: T. F. Curtis
1910
Church of St Margaret, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire
west end of the north wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017