Revd J. D. Davies (1831-1911)

Tractarian Rector of Llanmadoc and Cheriton, Gower, where woodcarving by him can be found. He was also the patron of the restoration of Llanmadoc.

Further reading

F. G. Cowley, 'Revd John David Davies: Anglo-Catholic Pioneer, Woodcarver and Local Antiquary' in Morgannwg, vol. XXXVII, pp. 9-41 (1994).



Sites associated with this person
   as patron: Church of St Madoc, Llanmadoc , Swansea



There are no artworks in the database associated with this person.

Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017