Faith Craft Studio (1921-1968)

Workshop established by the Society of Faith, producing vestments, stained glass and church furnishings. Several craftsmen who had worked with Martin Travers joined Faith Craft Studio (also known as Faith Craft Works) in the 1950s, including Terence Randall, John Hayward and Francis Stephens. Stephens was the studio's principal designer from 1950 and managing director at the time of their closure.

Further reading

John Lawson, 'Faith Craft Works and Goddard & Gibbs Studio Ltd' The Journal of Stained Glass, vol. xxiii (1999), 55–61.




Search for further information about Faith Craft Studio on Google

Your search found 3 results.
  Christ in the Carpenter's Shop Christ in the Carpenter's Shop
firm/studio: Faith Craft Studio
Church of St Oudoceus, Llandogo, Monmouthshire
north aisle
  The Adoration of the Magi The Adoration of the Magi
firm/studio: Faith Craft Studio
1951
Church of All Saints, Oystermouth, Swansea
chancel
  Rood Rood
Designer: Francis Stephens
firm/studio: Faith Craft Studio
1952
Church of St Mary the Virgin, Herbrandston, Pembrokeshire
above the chancel arch


Browse list of people in the database


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021