Cox & Son (about 1853-1921)

Ecclesiastical furnishers. Originally a clerical tailoring firm, founded by Thomas Cox Senior (died 1873), the firm was making stained glass by about 1860, based in London. Thomas Cox was joined by his sons Edward Young Cox and Thomas Cox (Junior), and Michael J. Buckley joined the firm in 1881. The firm was taken over by Curtis, Ward & Hughes in 1893, but continued to sign windows with the name of the firm.

Description on Mapping Sculpture.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 34.



Your search found 4 results.
  The Crucifixion and Ascension The Crucifixion and Ascension
firm/studio: Cox & Son
about 1868
Church of St Thomas a Becket, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the nave
  An Angel Greets the Three Women at the Empty Tomb An Angel Greets the Three Women at the Empty Tomb
firm/studio: Cox & Son
1870
Church of St Mary and All Saints, Conwy
east wall of the south transept
  The Last Supper The Last Supper
firm/studio: Cox & Son
1887
Church of St Michael, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  Jacob's Dream Jacob's Dream
firm/studio: Cox, Son, Buckley & Co.
1897
All Saints Church, Glasbury, Powys
north wall of the nave




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2017 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2017