Wilhelmina Geddes (1887-1955)Irish stained glass artist. Wilhelmina Geddes trained at Belfast School of Art and the Metropolitan School of Art in Dublin. She was a member of the artist's co=operative of An TÃºr Gloine, established by Sarah Purser in Dublin, from 1911-22. In 1925 she established a studio in London at The Glass House, London. Her last large work was her west window of the Church of St Peter, Lampeter, installed in 1946.
Nicola Gordon Bowe, Conflict and Resistance: heroic images of Modernism in the stained glass art of Wilhelmina Geddes (1887-1955) (Lampeter: 2006).
Nicola Gordon Bowe, 'Interpreting the Bible through Painted Glass: The Harry Clarke Studios and Wilhelmina Geddes (1887-1955)' in Biblical Art from Wales, pp. 204-215 (Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2010).
Nicola Gordon Bowe, Wilhelmina Geddes: Life and Work (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2015).
Peter Cormack, Women Stained Glass Artists of the Arts and Crafts Movement (London: London Borough of Waltham Forest, 1985), pp. 19â€“23.
| Christ Calling Peter and Andrew |
artist: Wilhelmina Geddes
Church of St Peter, Lampeter, Ceredigion
west wall of the nave
Browse list of people in the database
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019