Charles Busteed Fowler (fl.1890s)Architect, of Llandaff. Built or restored several churches in south Wales including Bonvilston (1895), Cadoxton-juxta-Neath (1897), Holy Nativity, Penarth (1893-94), Llanblethian (1896-7), Llanishen (1893) and Llantwit-juxta-Neath (1898). Fowler was in partnership with Frederick R. Kempson. He was also an artist and antiquarian, and was responsible for the Celtic Revival Water Fountain in Pontypridd.
Peter Lord, The Visual Culture of Wales: Imaging the Nation (Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2000), pp. 321-2.
Peter Lord, The Visual Culture of Wales: Medieval Vision (CD-ROM) (Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2004), Celtic Revival Time Gallery.
as architect: Church of St Michael, Abertillery , Blaenau Gwent
as architect: Church of St John the Baptist, Cardiff , Cardiff
as architect: Church of St Paul, Barry , Vale of Glamorgan
| Christ the Good Shepherd with the Four Evangelists |
designer: Charles Busteed Fowler
artist: Henry Hugh Armstead
designer: F. R. Kempson
1890Church of St Mary, Aberavon, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of the chancel
Browse list of people in the database
View this record on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021