Moses, Abraham and David

  Moses, Abraham and David

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

about 1894

Three single-light windows with standing figures. Moses holds the tablets of the law, his foot on the golden calf, David is shown with a harp and Abraham holding holding a firepot in his left hand, and an oil lamp in his right.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne

Church of St Padarn, Llanbadarn Fawr, Ceredigion
west wall

Erected by parishioners in memory of Revd John Pugh (d.1893) who was vicar of the church for 32 years. During his incumbency the church was completely restored.

The same firm provided three similar figures for Holy Trinity, Leamington Spa in about 1891 (information provided by Patsy Spiller).





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

AbrahamMoses

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Heaton, Butler & Bayne

References

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (London: Yale University Press, 2006), p. 496.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019