Christ and the Virgin Mary with St Theodore and St David
1955 (central lights)Four-light window with standing figures. Angels hold the dedication in the lower central lights and beneath Theodore is a depiction of the church, while beneath David is a local scene with a mine. Symbols above of the Agnus Dei, dove of the Holy Spirit and the pelican in her piety.
technique: stained glass
firm/studio: Celtic Studios
Church of St Theodore, Ynysddu, Caerphilly
east wall of the chancel
The central lights and upper tracery lights were made by Celtic Studios in 1955, and the outer lights were added later, with separate dedications, probably in the 1970s or 80s.
The image of Theodore of Tarsus was based on a statuette in the church that was given by a former parishioner (Information kindly provided by Marian Dew).
Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Celtic Studios
Maurice Broady, A Vision Fulfilled: The story of Celtic Studios and Swansea's architectural glass tradition (Swansea: West Glamorgan Archive Service, 2010), p. 115.
View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue
This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information
Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021