Lady Chapel Windows

  Lady Chapel Windows

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1934
Set of three single-light windows depicting the Virgin and Child, Christ as the Good Shepherd, and Christ walking on water.

technique: stained glass
size: 50 cm (width of each light) [approx]
artist: Veronica Whall

Church of the Resurrection, Ely, Cardiff
Lady Chapel (south-east chapel)

These stained glass windows were the first to be added to the church, before those of the sanctuary apse and baptistry. The windows were given by different donors.




 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ the Good ShepherdChrist Walking on the WaterVirgin and Child

Other works associated with this work

  The Miraculous Draught of Fishes

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Veronica Whall

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 230.

A Directory of Stained Glass Windows executed within the past twenty years (London: The British Society of Master Glass-Painters, 1949), p. 57.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  Lady Chapel Windows

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021