St John the Evangelist

  St John the Evangelist

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1910
Single-light window with standing figure of John, holding an open book, with the opening words of his gospel, and an eagle below. Beneath the figure is a scene of the Adoration of the Magi.

technique: stained glass
size: 46 cm (width)
firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd

Church of St John, Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the north aisle

Signed with the mark of the firm.

Given in memory of Silas Thomas Phillips by his friends. He served as assistant priest in the parish from 1881-4, and as vicar from 1894-1909.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St John the EvangelistThe Adoration of the Magi: St John the Evangelist

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd

References

Philip Collins, The Corpus of Kempe Stained Glass in the UK and Ireland (Kempe Trust, 2000), p. 332.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  St John the Evangelist

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021