Angels with Sacred Heraldry

  Angels with Sacred Heraldry

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1927

Two-light window with standing figures of angels. In the left-hand light the angel holds a sheild with a red cross and the IHC monogram. The angel in the right-hand light holds the crown of life and the text, on a scroll, 'The greatest of these is Charity'. Vine and floreate pattern beneath, with a cross and the crown of thorns on red shields.

technique: stained glass
size: 56 cm (width of each light)
artist: Henry Gustave Hiller

Church of St Llwchaiarn, Llanllwchaiarn, Powys
north wall of the nave

Signed 'H.G. Hiller & Co.' in the lower left-hand light.

Text (left-hand light) 'Be thou faithful unto death and I will give thee a crown of life' (Revelation 2:10); (right-hand light) 'Charity suffereth long and is kind. Charity never faileth' (1 Corinthians 13: 4, 8).

Dedication: 'To the glory of God and in loving memory of Eleanor Amelia Haydon wife of William Henry Haydon and daughter of James and Amelia Waddell of this parish who died 30th October 1923'.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Angels with Sacred HeraldryAngels with Sacred HeraldryAngels with Sacred Heraldry

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Henry Gustave Hiller

Further reading

H. N. Oliver, Llanllwchaiarn Church and Parish (2001), pp. 67-8.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019