Christ the Good Shepherd

  Christ the Good Shepherd

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1884

Three-light window with standing figure of Christ at the centre with sheep. Symbols of the four evangelists in the outer lights.

technique: stained glass
size: 43 cm (width of each light)
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls

Church of St Catwg, Llangattock, Powys
south wall of the chancel

Given in memory of G. Howell (died 1884), rector of the parish, by parishioners and friends.




 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ the Good ShepherdWinged Lion, Symbol of St Mark: Christ the Good Shepherd

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls

References

Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: 1979), p. 345.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019