St Peter, St James the Great and St John

  St Peter, St James the Great and St John

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1891
Three-light window with three standing figures.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Lavers, Barraud & Westlake

Church of St Idloes, Llanidloes, Powys
north wall of the north aisle

Attributed to Burlison & Grylls in Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (1979), but stylistically much closer to the work of Lavers, Barraud & Westlake.

Given in memory of Revd John Hughes MA, who was vicar of the parish 1885–91.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St James and St John: St Peter, St James the Great and St JohnSt Peter: St Peter, St James the Great and St John

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Lavers, Barraud & Westlake

Further reading

Church Guide.

References

Richard Haslam, The Buildings of Wales: Powys (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: 1979), p. 142.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  St Peter, St James the Great and St John

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021