Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1879

Two-light window. Above the main scene is an image of the Good Samaritan.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Alexander Gibbs & Co.

Church of St Collen, Llangollen, Denbighshire
north wall of the north aisle chapel

The window is signed by the firm.

Given in memory of Edward Hughes-Parry (died 1868), and dedicated in 1879.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ Blessing Children Brought by their MothersChrist Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Alexander Gibbs & Co.

Further reading

Garson Ffoulkes-Jones, Saint Collen's Parish Church Llangollen, North Wales (Llangollen: 1980), p. 8.

References

Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: Penguin/University of Wales Press, 1986), p. 220.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019