St Peter, St John and St Paul

  St Peter, St John and St Paul

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1840, 1843

Three-light window with standing figures under canopies.

technique: stained glass

artist: David Evans

Bangor Cathedral, Bangor, Gwynedd
north wall of north aisle

Part of the former east window. John was part of the original window installed in 1840 at a cost of £200, while Peter and Paul were added in 1843. The glass was removed in 1872 and reset in this position in about 1880. Symbols of the tribes of Israel in the tracery lights.




 

Other works associated with this work

  Aaron, Moses and David   St Luke, St Matthew and St Mark

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to David Evans

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 27.

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 74.

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 242.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019