Artworks containing this subject

feeding the hungry - one of the (seven) Acts of Mercy (11V1)


Browse full subject index  List related subjects

  Works of Charity Works of Charity
firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt
about 1942
Church of St Caron, Tregaron, Ceredigion
south wall of the nave
  Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John Christ with the Virgin Mary and St John
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
donor: William Thomas Lewis
1902
Church of St Issell, St Issells, Pembrokeshire
east wall of the chancel
  Women Performing Acts of Mercy Women Performing Acts of Mercy
firm/studio: Robert J. Newbery
patron: William Thomas Lewis
about 1902
Church of St Elvan, Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
north wall
  Charity Charity
firm/studio: Jones & Willis Ltd
about 1907
Church of St Tecla, Llandegley, Powys
north wall of the chancel
  Christ in Majesty with Acts of Mercy Christ in Majesty with Acts of Mercy
firm/studio: Clayton & Bell
1866
Church of St Stephen, Bodfari, Denbighshire
east wall of the chancel
  The Parable of the Talents The Parable of the Talents
firm/studio: Daniells & Fricker
1916
Church of St Mary, Aberavon, Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
east wall of south aisle
  Scenes from the Life of Christ with Women Performing Acts of Mercy Scenes from the Life of Christ with Women Performing Acts of Mercy
about 1854
Church of St Dyfnog, Llanrhaeadr
south wall of the south nave
  Women Performing Acts of Mercy Women Performing Acts of Mercy
firm/studio: James Ballantine and Son
1861
Church of Corpus Christi, Tremeirchion, Denbighshire
chancel
  Donors Performing Acts of Mercy    from    Scenes from the Life of Christ with Donors Donors Performing Acts of Mercy
from Scenes from the Life of Christ with Donors

firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
designer: John Hardman Powell
about 1852
Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
south wall of the chancel
  Feeding the Hungry    from    Scenes from the Bible Feeding the Hungry
from Scenes from the Bible

patron: Henry James and Magaret Bath (family)
artist: Alfred Stansell
about 1865-1878
Church of the Holy Trinity, Pont-ar-gothi, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave



Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021