SIgnature
from Virgin and Child

  SIgnature    from    Virgin and Child

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1981
Three-light window with the central light containing a standing figure of Mary holding the Christ-child.

technique: stained glass

firm/studio: Celtic Studios

Church of St Mary, Bangor, Gwynedd
north wall of the north aisle

Signed and dated by the firm. The outer and upper lights are tinted rectangular quarries, probably original to the church (1864).

Given in memory of John Leslie Cooke (1901-73) and Elsie Mary Cooke (1900-1980) by their children.






 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Virgin and ChildVirgin and Child

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to Celtic Studios

References

Maurice Broady, A Vision Fulfilled: The story of Celtic Studios and Swansea's architectural glass tradition (Swansea: West Glamorgan Archive Service, 2010), p. 107.

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 245.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


  SIgnature    from    Virgin and Child

Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2021 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2021