Angels with Dedication
detail from The Annunciation

  Angels with Dedication    detail from    The Annunciation

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1926

Two-light window with Mary standing in a garden in the left-hand light, greeted by Gabriel in the upper right-hand light. Child angels above and below, and the dove of the Holy Spirit in the upper quatrefoil.

technique: stained glass
size: 47 cm (width of each light)
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios

Church of St Gabriel, Brynmill, Swansea
east wall of the Lady Chapel

Signed by the studio in the lower right-hand light.

Given with the two south windows in the Lady Chapel in 1926, in memory of Captain Thomas Llewellyn Morgan, Royal Horse Artillery, of St Helens, Swansea (d. 1921). The windows were the bequest of his widow, Alice Catherine Morgan, who died in 1925.





 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The AnnunciationThe Virgin Mary: The AnnunciationSt Gabriel: The Annunciation

Other works associated with this work

  The Instruction of the Virgin Mary   The Expulsion of Eve from Eden

This artwork is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other artworks at this site
Click here for other works connected to A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 224.

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), p. 584.




View this object on the Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue


Photo © Martin Crampin


Arts & Humanities Research Council - project sponsorsNational Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies - project partnerUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David - project organiser

This database and its contents are copyright © 2008-2019 by University of Wales Trinity Saint David, unless otherwise noted. Copyright information

Database, software and website development by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2008-2019